The following executive positions are available for the Multiplying Equality student group at the University of Alberta for the 2018/2019 school year. Click here to apply.
ALL EXECUTIVE MEMBERS
Attend all meetings and events.
Responsible for submitting an update to the Admin Executive at least 24 hours prior to weekly meetings.
Set strategic direction and provide guidance for the group.
Chair of the Executive Committee and reports on activities.
Network with similar groups in and around campus, to increase partnership and communication, acting as the main point of contact for all external organizations.
Encourage new members to join M.E and encourage participation from current members.
Possesses signing authority on the group bank account, approving and reimbursing expenses.
Complete annual training with Student Group Services.
Administrative EXECUTIVE (Secretary)
Responsible for the student group’s registration process.
Distributes agenda and records minutes at weekly Executive meetings and monthly general meetings.
Distribute meeting minutes to all Executive members for their input, additions, and approval, through the use of an action items list.
Responsible for M.E's BearsDen page.
Responsible for all forms of communication with the various organizations and/or services M.E will be in contact with.
Acts as main form of contact between general members/volunteers and M.E.
To be the Administrative Contact on behalf of M.E for Student Group Services (SGS).
To plan, organize, and implement student activities organized to bring together students for M.E’s cause.
Create and coordinate the event’s volunteer logistics with the Volunteer Executive.
Relay event details to the Design Executive.
Responsible for the timely execution of marketing pieces with the Marketing Executive.
Acquire necessary items for the current event.
Perform a cost analysis for the current event with the Finance Executive.
Create and maintain contacts for events.
Chair of Events Committee, reports on its activities, and responsible for delegating roles and tasks.
Responsible for submitting events on BearsDen in a timely manner.
Sponsorship EXECUTIVEs (2)
- Internal (Treasurer):
- Responsible for attending Sponsorship Committee Meetings and aiding outreach when possible.
- Handle group funds, make regular cash deposits, approve expenses.
- Must complete annual training with Student Group Services.
- Possesses signing authority on group's bank account, working alongside President with reimbursements.
- Research and write/apply for grants.
- Performs cost analyses and presents event budgets in conjunction to the Events executive prior to, and after each event.
- External (Committee Chair):
- Responsible for coordinating the sponsorship applications/donations for upcoming events.
- Acts as main form of contact between sponsoring businesses and M.E.
- Chair of the Sponsorship Committee, reports on its activities, and responsible for delegating roles and tasks
Create and design promotional material for both merchandise and graphics (posters, social media).
Print/process promotional material.
Responsible for photo-shoots and organizing media.
Maintenance and development of the M.E website and social media presence (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.).
Responsible for promotional communication in the form of email and letter writing, with the various organizations that M.E will be in contact with.
Responsible for the coordination of timely distribution of posters and other marketing material.
In charge of being creative: innovating new marketing strategies in order to best reach both students on campus and to a wider audience in the community.
Responsible for reaching out to media in the city to broaden our community reach, and inspire others to take humanitarian action.